The Verity Fund ("TVF" or "we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our privacy practices and explains what we do with the personal information that we collect from you on http://www.Verity.Fund. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding personal information and how they affect you as you use our features and services. This statement discloses our current privacy practices; if we make material changes to these practices, we will announce them and notify you via email.
This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
What Information Does The Verity Fund Gather About You?
The Verity Fund collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service, as well as more appropriate advertising. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our Web site. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by The Verity Fund and/or our partners. We sometimes conduct surveys as well, although you do not have to respond to them.
If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend's email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to visit and register with our site. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
We collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our sites so that we can improve our sites and our users' respective experiences. For similar quality reasons, we use a feature known as a "cookie." Cookies contain bits of information that websites transfer to your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, the cookie does not tell us who you are. Only you can tell us that. We discuss cookies later in this Privacy Statement.
When you place an order for a product or service, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, mailing and billing addresses (and shipping address, if different), telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. Gathering this information allows us to process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status. We will also use your information to contact you regarding your order if necessary. We encrypt all of this information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
If you use a Verity Fund application on a third party site or mobile device we may collect data about you including your email address. We will let you know what data, if any, we are collecting at the time.
You can log in to our site using third party sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on Verity.Fund to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We may also collect your email address when you submit content to our sites (for example, a contest entry, or a review of a product). Unless we get your approval, we will not display your address with your submission.
Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called "single-pixel GIFs" or "Web beacons"), which allow us to count users who have visited specific pages or access certain cookies. We may use single-pixel GIFs in the following ways:
- To count and recognize users.
- To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their websites, and for auditing purposes.
- To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
- To determine which email messages were opened (and when), as well as acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics).
- To help us and our partners market to you.
Our Web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. You can disable our Web beacon by turning images “off” in your email client.
Advertising networks that serve ads on our site may also use single-pixel GIFs in their advertisements. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a Web page, including an ad banner, can act as a Web beacon.
We have partnered with Google (through their Remarketing and Ad Words programs) and other ad networks for additional analytics on how our users use our site and others around the internet. As a result, you may see ads from those partner networks on our site, and ads from us on other sites, based on our cookies and the cookies of our partners. Some of these third party partners may receive “hashed” data, including email address, in a format that allows them to match the data with data they receive from other partners, but does not give them the ability to decode the email address. All of these ad networks may collect non-personally identifiable information, like hashed data, browser type, time and date, demographic data, etc.) to help them better serve you advertising.
We have engaged third-party companies to process information about our users on our behalf, to help us improve our sites and find new members. These companies will combine our anonymized data about how you visit our websites with information that they have collected from outside our sites and provide it to us (and only us) so that we can optimize your experience on fool.com across devices and based on your interests. We will not provide the third-party service providers with your name, address, email address, or telephone number.
If you would like more information about the information we are receiving and your choices with respect to that data, please:
- visit the DAA opt-out program, the Evidon opt-out program, and the Google Analytics opt-out program to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in browsers for ad serving purposes;
- download the Evidon Ad Control application, available for iOS and Android, to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in mobile apps; and
- visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt out page.
How Does The Verity Fund Use Your Personal Information?
The Verity Fund collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible, and to provide our advertisers with an efficient way to reach the right audience. In short, by knowing a little about you, The Verity Fund can deliver more relevant content and advertisements to you.
We conduct research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site, or based upon information we receive from other sources. This research is usually compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis, but may also be combined with personal information to help us improve your experience. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we've received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, simply call or email us or visit our opt-out page and let us know.
Sometimes we ask for personal information when providing special features and services. You do not have to give us that information, but without it, you may not be able to take advantage of those products or services.
Will The Verity Fund Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
The Verity Fund will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individual users, except as described in this Privacy Statement. With the few exceptions that we explain here, we do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information to our advertisers, although we do provide aggregate information.
As for individually identifiable information, we may disclose it only under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent.
- If you sign up for a special offer from an advertiser we will provide your individual contact information (for example, name, mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number), so that the advertiser or its agent can fulfill the special offer. Once the advertiser receives the information, it will handle the information under its own privacy policies. Obviously, if you do not want a particular advertiser to have your personal information, then you should not sign up for that advertiser's offer.
- If you sign up for a service that relies upon third parties for important elements, we will provide your personal information to the third parties so that they can provide you with their services, and those companies will treat the data under their own policies. We will tell you about these service providers at the time you sign up for the service.
- We may disclose information to selected partners, under nondisclosure agreements, only for the purpose of marketing Verity Fund co-branded offerings (such as a Verity Fund newsletter published by another company). Those partners will be able to use the personal information they receive from us only for marketing the co-branded offerings, not for marketing anything else. Of course, if you then sign up for a co-branded product from our partner, the information you provide to that company will be subject to the partner's own privacy policies. If you would prefer not to hear about such products and services, call or email us or simply go to our opt-out page and let us know.
- If you buy something from us, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your credit card (if applicable). We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site) and a credit card processing company to verify your card number and process the transaction. For example, if you order a Verity Fund tumbler with your credit card, we need to give your address to the fulfillment house (so that it can ship the tumbler to you) and your credit card information to the processing company (to confirm payment). We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so that it can get your order to you.
- If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, The Verity Fund will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached. The email address you give us will appear on the "From" line of the email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email. Similarly, if you send email within our site your address may appear as the return address of that email.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of The Verity Fund, or to protect the safety of The Verity Fund, our users, or others.
- We may sometimes conduct mailings to other people's lists. To make it easier for us to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we may share our email list of people who have requested not to receive promotional communications from us with the list providers (or contractors) solely so that we can avoid sending emails to people who have asked not to receive them (or, conversely, so that our advertisers can avoid sending emails to people who have requested not to hear from them). We provide these lists only to list providers or contractors that we consider to be reputable, and only under strict nondisclosure/nonuse agreements.
- We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we are going to give personal information to a contest's sponsor, we will disclose it when you sign up for the contest, so that you can decide whether to enter.
- We may employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content, or sending mailings for us from our advertisers. These parties are all subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with The Verity Fund.
- Any appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by our Web advertising partners. Information about your visits to Verity.Fund and our partner sites, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you. For more information about DoubleClick and how to opt-out of their tracking methods, please click here. For more information about AOL, including how to opt-out of their tracking methods, please click here. For more information about Advertising.com, and their opt-out methods, click here. For more information about opting out of advertising generally, please click here.
- The Verity Fund and its subsidiaries may share information for site administration or order fulfillment, and to notify you of products and services that may interest you.
- If The Verity Fund is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
What Kind of Security Measures Do We Take to Protect Your Information From Accidental Loss or Disclosure?
The Verity Fund is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers. Further, the information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted with SSL technology.
Personalized areas of our sites, such as the Members Area, are password-protected. Only you have access to these password-protected areas. Do not share your passwords with anyone. The Verity Fund will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our site.
Upon your request, we will remove your personal information from the website but we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Will The Verity Fund Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with The Verity Fund or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that we believe may interest you. Our partners in co-branded products may also send you information, but only for those Verity Fund-branded products.
As we stated earlier, we may also provide your physical mailing address (but not your email address) to people who will send you promotional "snail" mailings about their products and services.
If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can let us know by calling or emailing us, or by visiting our opt-outpage. We'll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can. Another way is to simply to click the "unsubscribe" link found in our email messages.
Please note: If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
How Can You Deactivate or Reactivate Your Account or Edit the Information We Have About You?
If you want to correct, delete/remove or change information in your Personal Profile, or any other tidbits we have about you, please navigate to the header (after signing into the site) and click on your personalized name plate.
Please note that if you have opted out of receiving emails and other communications from us and you subsequently select to receive one of our free reports or take a free trial subscription, you will need to opt out again if you still prefer us not to contact you. Otherwise, we may contact you using the email address you provided us at the time you signed up for the free report or offer.
To cancel any of your free email subscriptions, do so at your Account Settings page or click the unsubscribe link within the emails.
How Do We Respect Children's Privacy?
Our site is not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
This Privacy Statement applies to the operations of The Verity Fund, which serves users in the United States of America, and by using the site and providing us with personal data you are consenting to our processing data in the United States and under its laws. Data handling practices and rules may differ from country to country.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, The Verity Fund cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
Any of our data providers, may provide a link from our site to areas on their own sites where they sell their own products and services. If you follow links from our site to others, you should be aware that you are doing business with those other sites, which have their own privacy and data collection practices. The Verity Fund has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies (and we may not even know what they are). For more information regarding a site and its privacy policies, check that site.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will give notice of any material change (or any notices that we are required to give you) on our website and/or in email messages prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy.
Last Updated: June 11, 2019
The Verity Fund
14505 Ballantyne Lake Road, Ste 534
Charlotte, NC 28277